In this case study, we're going to take you through the SEO work we did for an appliance repair company. We'll talk about where we started with this client and the tactics we implemented to achieve our goals for the client.
SEO For Appliance Repair Company
Goals And Challenges
For those who don't know, appliance repair is a pretty competitive industry. There are many companies competing for the best SERP results. When we started our SEO service with this appliance repair client, they weren't ranking anywhere for our primary keywords.
Our Roadmap To Success
So how did we plan to take this appliance repair company from having zero visibility to getting on the first page for relevant keyword searches? From keyword research and off-site SEO to planning content and on-page SEO, there were a vast number of tactics we put into effect. Without further ado, let's take a look at what our team of SEO for appliance repair professionals did for this client.
Step 1: Website Design and Development
First thing’s first, in order to have good SEO, your website needs to be flawless. This serves as the foundation for your SEO efforts. Like building a house, if you don’t have a good foundation, it can all come crumbling down to the detriment of your SEO for appliance repair.
- Custom website design (appropriate design)
- Emphasis on high performance
- Mobile responsive website
- Built to convert (call to action elements)
- Hosted on robust local infrastructure (with 99.99% Uptime)
- Clean website code
- Enhanced meta data and structured data
- Psychology based approach to website design (structure, colours, buttons, placements and more)
- Optimization of images and page size
Step 2: Keyword Research
From basic service keywords and keywords with city names to long-tail keywords with ending with ‘near me’, there were many keywords to target. We thought hard about what we would immediately target and what keywords we’d turn our attention towards as the project progressed. Here’s a list of the action we took during this phase:
- Communicated with client to get their input on keywords
- Researched competitors’ keywords
- Researched where competitors rank on relevant keywords
- Investigated search volume of various keywords
- Organized list of primary, secondary and tertiary keywords
- Determined user intent for appliance repair searches
- Came up with related search terms
- Came up with lists of long-tail keywords and head terms
- Researched trends to discover emerging keywords
- Reviewed surrounding cities and neighbourhoods that should be represented in the list of keywords
Step 3: Planning Content
Once we established our primary, secondary and tertiary keywords, we moved on to planning content for the website. This encompassed many tasks, like writing blogs and updating text on various pages of the client’s website.
- Planned topics/ideas for blog articles, infographics and videos
- Wrote blog articles
- Audited current content on the website
- Updated content on current pages with new content
- Created a list of new pages that could target specific keywords
- Wrote content for new pages
- Made a profile of the target audience, and determining what problems the content will solve for them
- Updated images on the website
Step 4: On-Page SEO
There were so many opportunities for us to optimize individual pages on the website. There a lot of tactics to implement from an on-page SEO perspective because these are usually technical things that go overlooked. So here’s what we did:
- Reviewed and updated header tags (H1s, H2s, H3s, etc.)
- Ensured keywords were used in the body of text on a page
- Ensured that pages have a clean and organized layout
- Added internal links on pages
- Added links to authority sites
- Ensured pages had at least one image
- Optimized alt text and file names for images
- Optimized file sizes for images
- Created quality meta titles and descriptions
- Added structured data markup
- Ensured that the primary keyword was used in the first 200 words on a page
- Disavowing spammy links
Step 5: Off-Page SEO
Although there is a lot you can do on a website to better optimize it, there are plenty of things you can do off you website. For this appliance repair company, there were many off-page SEO tactics we implemented to give its website a boost on SERPs. Here’s what we did:
- Getting high-quality links to the site from authoritative/reputable sites
- Published articles on other site through content marketing
- Maintained the company’s Google My Business page
- Posted content on the company’s social media channels
- Created citations for the company on various business listing websites
- Managed the company’s various review websites
- Tiered linked building (white hat)
After the client enlisted the help of our SEO team, we quickly got to work implementing and executing the tactics that we listed above (and some that we are not able to share here). We knew that the efforts we put into our keyword research, content planning, on-site SEO work, and off-site SEO work would pay off. And it wasn’t too long before the client started to see positive results.
After 6 months of starting our service, their main website started getting more visitors and higher organic traffic rates because they were starting to rank on important keywords. as you can see from the two charts, the company was not getting a lot of organic traffic and they were not performing well on keywords before we came along to manage its SEO portfolio.
BE VISIBLE WITH OUR SEO
Gilmedia specializes in search engine optimization, an ever-changing process that involves creating unique and dynamic websites with rich, relevant content. Learn more about what Gilmedia can offer your company with effective search engine optimization – contact us today.