In this SEO case study, we are going to take a look at a SEO for law firm project we did. The client did not pursue SEO services with us, but needed a new website that adhered to strong SEO practices in order to help them best achieve their goals as they moved forward on their own.
SEO For Law Firm
Project Goals And Challenges
This client had a website already - but their old website wasn't built to generate more conversions and rank high on Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs). This is why they came to us. They needed a new website with a strong SEO foundation. Even though they weren't looking for SEO help at the time, they wanted a website that, at the very least, adhered to good SEO practices and could achieve as much SEO success as possible.
How We Helped The Client
The goal was very clear for us: we had to design the client a website that worked better for them. That meant one that converted more and had a clean and proper layout so it could rank as high as it possibly could without a implementing a concerted SEO for law firm project upon its completion. These are the things we did for this client's law firm to put them in as good a position as possible:
Step 1: Design New Website
As we mentioned before, this client came to us primarily for our website design service. We saw an opportunity to provide them with a website that got more conversions because their old website was lacking in this department – and this would help them with SEO in the long run.
We were able to see where the client was missing out on opportunities because of a dated design. These are the things we did with the new website:
- Created a new new and modern website
- Made sure that it is mobile-friendly
- Created an organized and structured menu for easy navigation
- Focused on generating leads and inquiries (filling out forms and calling in)
- Establish a clean website code
Step 2: Maximize Keywords
Although we were only helping the client with the design of their website, we still focused on optimizing the keywords on their site, which were primarily based on the services their law firm offered.
As we built the site and updated the content, we were able to make improvements where necessary to better optimize for the keywords they should have been targeting. These are the things we did:
- Targeted the main services of the law firm
- Came up with main keywords based on their main services
- Looked for opportunities to highlight these keywords on various pages
Step 3: New Website Content
In order to put them in a good position to succeed, we had to work on the content. The old site had some content, but we knew we needed to improve and expand on this content.
Our team of content writers came in and got to work on improving the content. Since this was a law site, we needed to work with the client to ensure that all of the content was relevant and accurate. These are the steps we took to create high-quality content:
- Interviewed the client to get information
- Reviewed and edited all existing content
- Worked with the client to create some new blog articles
- Added content to all pages of the website
Step 4: On-Page SEO
Although this was primarily a web design project, it was still incumbent on us to establish proper on-page SEO. Without this, any website could drop in rankings on SERPs and then start to lose organic traffic.
This is part of a good foundation for SEO work, and we were able to establish a very strong foundation for this client. As with any new website, these were the on-page SEO tactics we implemented for this client:
- Established proper header tags (H1s, H2s, H3s, etc.)
- Ensured keywords were used in the first 200 words of relevant pages
- Interlinked pages across the site
- Optimized file sizes for images
- Wrote proper alt text for images
- Wrote quality meta titles and descriptions for all pages
BE VISIBLE WITH OUR SEO SERVICE
We specialize in search engine optimization, an ever-changing process that involves creating unique and dynamic websites with rich, relevant content. Learn more about what we can offer your company with effective search engine optimization – contact us today.